Being a diehard football fan does not mean you have to eat like a brute. Here is a quick and healthy recipe that embraces the season of bountiful fresh produce broadly available at your local farmers market in late summer. And for only 250 calories, it offers 10 grams of protein and over five grams of fiber. Healthy and tasty!
Prep Time: 15 minutes – max
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (about 30)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (I like to use the little balls)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, dry, and dice the cucumbers. Wash, dry, and halve the tomatoes. Dice the avocado.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado in a bowl. Add sliced basil and mozzarella. Pour on the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy immediately.
Leave a Reply